3 kms east-south-east of Cambrai and a little south of the main straight road, Awoingt village is on the N43, from Cambrai to Le Cateau.
Travel to the roundabout at the junction of this road and the D157. You will find the first sign for the Cemetery. Turn right along the D157 and travel approximately 300 metres then turn left along a narrow road. The Cemetery lies 125 metres along this road on the left.
Awoingt British Cemetery was begun in the latter half of October 1918 and used until the middle of December; the village had been captured on 9/10 October. By 28 October, the 38th, 45th and 59th Casualty Clearing Stations were posted in the neighbourhood, and the great majority of the burials were made from those hospitals, but 16 graves in Plot III, Row H, and Plot V, were brought in after the Armistice from the country immediately surrounding the village.
Awoingt British Cemetery contains 653 Commonwealth burials and commemorations of the First World War, including a special memorial to one casualty whose grave in the cemetery cannot now be found. The cemetery also contains 63 war graves of various nationalities, most of them German. One grave shelters the burial of an Indian. Others are for French civilians who took part at the liberation of the village.