Briastre is a village 18 Kms east of Cambrai. About 800 metres east of the village is Belle Vue Farm and the Cemetery is on the south-west side of it, on the Le Cateau to Solesmes road (D955).
Wheelchair access is possible with some difficulty.
(For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact the Commonwealth War Graves Commission, Enquiries department, on telephone number 01628 634221).
The village of Briastre was taken by the New Zealand and 37th Divisions on the night of 11 October 1918 and on the 20th, Belle Vue Farm was captured by the 5th East Lancs of the 42nd Division. The cemetery was begun by the 42nd (East Lancashire) Division on 23 October, but used for a few days only. In 1922 it was enlarged when 47 graves were brought in from Briastre Communal Cemetery Extension.
Belle Vue British Cemetery now contains 141 First World War burials, nine of which are unidentified.
The cemetery was designed by W H Cowlishaw.