The village of Cantaing is approximately 5 kilometres south-west of Cambrai. The cemetery is up a high bank from the road on the corner of the D.142 and D.92 in the direction of Cambrai.
The location or design of this site make wheelchair access impossible.
(For further information regarding wheelchair access, contact The Commonwealth War Graves Commission, Enquiries department, on 01628 634221).
Cantaing was captured on the 21st November, 1917, by the 51st (Highland) and 6th Divisions, with Cavalry and Tanks. It was held against attack on the 1st December, but given up a few days later. It was recaptured on September 28, 1918 by Lieutenant Scott, and the British Cemetery was made by the 52nd Division Burial Officer immediately after.
There are now nearly 70, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, a small number are unidentified.
The cemetery covers an area of 55 square metres and is enclosed by a rubble wall on three sides.