Haucourt-en-Cambresis is a small village in the Department of the Nord about 11 kilometres south-east of Cambrai.
From Cambrai, take the N43 main road towards Le Cateau. After 11 kilometres, at Beauvois-en-Cambresis, turn right onto the D74 road towards Ligny. Approximately 4 kilometres further on turn right onto the D15 road towards Cambrai and Haucourt. After 2.5 kilometres turn left onto the D118 road towards Walincourt. Continue for 100 metres and then turn left at the church. The Communal Cemetery lies 400 metres down this road on the left.
Haucourt was the scene of fighting in the Battle of Le Cateau, 1914.
There are now over 40, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. The majority of these are unidentified.
The plot covers an area of 265 square metres.