One of the finest Baroque-style edifices in the North of France.
Completed in 1692, it owns ten sumptuous columns of blue stone and wonderful sculptures.
In the 16th century, many towns welcomed the Jesuits so as to fight the Reformed Church. Jesuits won renown through the quality of their teaching and their preachers. They arrived in 1562 to prevent the spreading of Protestantism in Cambrai where they founded a college.
Thanks to the generosity of archbishop Vanderburch, they were able to rebuild the chapel between 1678 and 1692 according to the rules of Counter-Reformation and following the plans made by architect Jean du Blocq.
This chef-d'œuvre of the Northern Baroque Art is a combination of architectural rhythm and abundance of sculpted decorations, especially inside the chapel where numerous high- and low-reliefs of both choir and nave can be admired.
The decoration was completed by a series of paintings by painter Arnoult de Vuez, illustrating scenes from the life of Christ.
Closed to the public, except with guided visits.