Raillencourt is a village, about 5 kilometres west of Cambrai on the main road to Arras, D939. The Communal Cemetery is located on the main road about 700 metres from the entrance to the village from the Arras side.
The location or design of this site make wheelchair access impossible.
For further information regarding wheelchair access, please contact the Commonwealth War Grave Commission, Enquiries department? on 01628 634221.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Raillencourt village was captured by the Canadian Corps on 28 September 1918, in the Battle of the Canal du Nord.
The extension to the communal cemetery was made by the Canadian Corps after the capture of the village. It was enlarged in 1923 when graves were brought in from:-
NORTH CEMETERY, RAILLENCOURT, which was situated between Raillencourt and Cambrai, behind the houses of St. Olle. It was made by the 8th Infantry Brigade and named after Lieut. J. W. North, who was buried in it. It contained the graves of 67 Canadian soldiers (63 of whom belonged to the 1st Canadian Mounted Rifles) and five others.
The cemetery now contains 199 First World War burials, eight of them unidentified.
The cemetery was designed by W C Von Berg.