Rumilly en Cambrésis is about 5 kilometres south from Cambrai, on the east side of the road towards St Quentin (N44).
Rumilly-en-Cambresis Communal Cemetery is located in the rue de l'Egalite and the extension is on the east side of the Communal Cemetery, which is signposted from the centre of the village.
Rumilly was captured by the 3rd Division on the 2nd October, 1918.
There are now over 80, 1914-18 war casualties commemorated in this site. Of these, a small number are unidentified. The dates of death cover the first fortnight of October, 1918. Thirty German graves of October, 1918, have been removed to Cambrai East Military Cemetery.
The Extension covers an area of 360 square metres and is enclosed by a brick wall.